http://www.meebo.com/rooms

Friday, February 22, 2008

How To Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in Windows XP

To Display the My Recent Documents Folder

To display the My Recent Documents folder on the Start menu:
1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
2. Click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Recent documents, click to select the List my most recently opened documents check box, click OK, and then click OK. The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents command is displayed on the Start menu.


To Clear the Contents of the My Recent Documents Folder

To clear the My Recent Documents list, follow these steps:
1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
2. Click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Recent documents, click Clear List, click OK, and then click OK. Your most recently used documents are removed from the My Recent Documents folder. Note that this action does not delete the documents from your hard disk.

No comments: